Acceptable Use Policy
The following Acceptable Use Policy applies to Leading Edge Forum as a division of DXC Technology.
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) is applicable to all users of the LEF Forum (the “Forum”). Compliance with this AUP is a condition of using the Forum.
- Acceptable use policy
The Forum is intended for use by individuals nominated by our members, global organisations who hold LEF membership. Each organisation can nominate a predetermined number of users (each a “User”). The purpose of the AUP is to ensure responsible use of our services by every User who logs in to the Platform.
Any materials, content, information which you contribute to the Forum (“Content”) must adhere to the conditions below.
DXC does not monitor or moderate this Forum and is not responsible for the integrity, accuracy or quality of the information transmitted by or to any Users, or stored on DXC networks, computers, servers or data storage devices (the “DXC Systems”). DXC assumes no liability for such or for the Content stored on the DXC Systems.
- Prohibited Uses
You must not and must not permit any person to use the Forum for illegal purposes or to further or promote illegal activities. This includes, without limitation, use of the Forum that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right or constitutes a misuse of confidential information;
- is, or may be perceived as, obscene, threatening, abusive, harassing, ethnically offensive, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, or invasive of another’s privacy, airing personal grievances or disputes, or otherwise in appropriate or objectionable;
- may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, or physical or mental illness;
- may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
- makes available any Content that you do not have a right to disclose under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (including confidentiality agreements);
- stores, distributes or propagates viruses, worms, Trojan Horses or other data or code that has a destructive or harmful intent;
- generates, distributes, publishes or facilitates unsolicited mass email, promotions, advertisings or other solicitations (“spam”); or
- violates any applicable local or international laws, regulations orders, or treaties.
- User Content
It is your responsibility to post User Content that is accurate and current. You agree, represent and warrant that you have the right to post your User Content and the User Content you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any intellectual property, rights of publicity and privacy rights.
- Unauthorized Access
You shall not: (i) create a false identity, impersonate another person or otherwise misrepresent who are you are or your affiliation with a person or entity; or (ii) create a User profile for anyone other than yourself.
You must: (i) take reasonable precautions (in accordance with good industry practice) to secure your physical working environment to guard against unauthorized access; these precautions include, but are not limited to, use of password screen locks, session timeouts, logging out of workstations at the end of the working day and strong passwords; and (ii) not divulge connectivity details, passwords or other access control information that could be used by a third party to gain unauthorized access to DXC Systems.
- Breach of this AUP
When we consider that a breach of this AUP has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this AUP constitutes a material breach of the Site Terms https://leadingedgeforum.com/privacy/ and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Forum.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Content uploaded by you to the Forum.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this AUP. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.